Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Smurfs!


I have thought back on some of my halloween costumes in past years. They have included the following:
Spooky the Bat--Just to remove any doubt that it was supposed to be a scary costume, we wrote"spooky" on my hat. I'm absolutely positive it was convincing.

Ladybug--certainly what comes to mind when asked "What is the one costume that sends shivers down the spine?"

Karate Kid
Ninja
Trash Man
White-Trash man
Bulletin Board
And, not to be outdone this year, a smurf. Due to popular demand, I have decided to post some pics to pay tribute to my gnomish friends. While most kids stared at me in obvious confusion, there were a couple notable comments through the night:

"Oh look, it's the blue man"--To which I thought "If I was the blue man, why would I make and wear a ridiculous pointy hat made out of felt?...And if there was some indigenous people with blue skin I would be about pissed off right now".


"Oh look, it's a smurf"--To which I thought "I am certainly glad to have dozens and dozens of people state the obvious...it makes that amnesia thing...what was I talking about again?"


In this picture, I am emerging from the forest to escape the evil grasp of Gargamel. The smurf website, which is certainly a delight, says that Gargamel is "a nasty, sneaky and hypocritical wizard that lives in a horrible cottage in the heart to the forest. He hates Smurfs and does everything within his power to capture them. Luckily for them, he also happens to very stupid, so they have always been able to escape. But be careful, he has sworn revenge." Revenge, though, he will not get, as at approximately 9:46 Halloween night the smurfness that was me washed down the shower drain.

When I am not running from Gargamelish villains, I have been jumping off of rocks (I dare any of you to challenge me to a cannonball battle) and paying tribute to my non-blue hued heroes (namely veterans).















































9 comments:

Kevin said...

Now that's a scary-looking smurf. Offense.

Julie and Spencer said...

I love the smurf costume. I used to watch that show all the time growing up!

Julie and Spencer said...

My new blog address has changed. It is now http://missjuliebrown.blogspot.com/

Becca Bell said...

I'm glad to see you're still doing silly stuff!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.